SAP BusinessObjects Data Federator Infoset, SAP Query and ABAP Function Connector Prototype
SAP BusinessObjects now provides a new direct access to the SAP ERP by leveraging the SAP Query and Infoset. Real-time business intelligence can reach out more data from the operational systems, allowing high level business reports to be up to date, by merging operational data with historical information.
This prototype is an add-on to SAP BusinessObjects Data Federator for XI 3.0 SP2 providing connectivity to RFC enabled function, Infoset and SAP Query.
What’s the goal of this connector?
The connector has been designed to connect SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence to Infosets, SAP Queries and ABAP functions through the Universe semantic layer and let you design easy to use ad-hoc reports and queries.
What are the features and benefits of this prototype?
- Combine multiple Infosets, SAP Queries and ABAP functions in the same Universe to shield end users from technical details and provide new business insights
- Extends the reach of Web Intelligence’s popular ad hoc query and reporting capabilities to SAP operational systems
- Enable SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence reports managed by end users on SAP ERP, SAP CRM…
- Protect your ERP system from runaway queries by offloading query processing to SAP BusinessObjects Data Federator
- Combine historic information with SAP ERP real time information in the same universe
The SAP BusinessObjects Data Federator connector prototype queries RFC enabled ABAP function and Infoset using SQL. It wraps an ABAP function, SAP Query or Infoset as a data source, pass input parameters and retrieve result tables. This approach is fully compatible with universes prompts and filters.
The Data Federator multi-source engine close the gap between reporting clients (requiring standard SQL support) and the SAP ERP exposing ABAP objects.
Administrators can take advantage of this engine to control the number of concurrent clients reporting on the SAP ERP and offload the processing to Data Federator instead of overloading their ERP.